Thursday 5 February 2015


28/01/15 

The day before Lou turned four weeks old. I really do need to post more often but it's hard to find the time to make coffee let alone shower, clean the house, do laundry, eat, sleep or go to the washroom at a leasurly pace. All of these things should come before I even think about blogging but today, that didn't happen. I didn't clean anything except my teeth, I didn't do laundry except getting the dry stuff from yesterday out of the machine and I rocked Lou with my foot in his vibrating musical chair while I tried to use the washroom as quickly as humanly possible. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I just didn't realize how hands on this whole "mom" thing was going to be. I've decided to find time at night to write while I'm breast feeding. I'm currently sitting in a dark bedroom which I can basically deam as my own now because Cyrus hasn't slept in our bed in five weeks. I'm sure he'd rather be in here with us then out in the livingroom on a blowup mattress so I really shouldn't be too offended. My mom made this valid point the other day that I probably shouldn't be holding my cellphone looking on Instagram and taking pictures of Lou while he's on my lap or feeding as he will look up and remember my face behind a glowing screen. I put it down for about half a day where I attempted to read a novel but I got bored and now I'm back on my phone. I promise to try and only use it when he's asleep. Lou's just pulled off my breast with his eyes open ever so slightly and his lips all glossy with milk. I can see him in the light of the salt lamp but otherwise the room is in complete darkness. I love him and dispite the bad hours (no full day is ever terrible) and the gross bodily fluids I find myself covered in, I love being a mother too. 





Outfit Details // Myself: 
Vintage 1970s blue suede coat with fur trim: Lovely Things Vintage 
Retro 1991' Harley T shirt: Retro Rock Vintage 
Retro Lee Jeans: Thrifted at The Win 

Lou: 
Grey bear hoodie: Baby Gap 
Stars and Stripes T shirt: Baby Gap 
Grey Sweats: Baby Gap 
Vintage genuine newborn moccasins: Belonged to Cyrus and his older brother 







No comments:

Post a Comment